Subscribe:

วันศุกร์ที่ 9 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Business Proposal: Your Business Proposal Gets Rejected - You Could Get Mad, Or Discover Why, Or Both!

Do you just get mad, or do you find yourself unwilling or unable to take action?I just got mad. Today I received a debit note from a major wholesaler that some books we supply had been returned. The wholesaler had in turn received them back from a school that had made a specific request for these books for the school year. As yet I don't know why these books were returned but I'm sure going to find out. I'm not saying that these particular returns were out of integrity, but there's a high probability.The problem is it's too easy for organizations and individuals to return products like books, just as it's often too easy for a client to reject a business proposal.These are the things most of us don't like dealing with, me included. It takes energy and you wonder whether it's worth it. Well it's worth it on two fronts:1. You actually find out why something happened. Up to now you're strictly dealing with assumptions. I'm not certain why these books were returned. Once I have an answer then at least I know. I'm not dealing in the realm of uncertainty. It handles my psyche, which is good because I need to take responsibility for the ways things are and avoid placing blame.2. The second reason is an opportunistic one, and it's this. What might I be able to do differently next time so the situation doesn't recur? I don't actually know what this school was expecting. Or maybe the situation changed after the order was placed and that created a problem. Again I don't know, but by finding out, there may be an opportunity that I'm unaware of.So what do you do when your business proposal is rejected in favor of a competitor, or the client puts the proposal on hold indefinitely? Do you follow up? Do you find out why? The clients you'd like to have will usually tell you. There may have been a better proposal. Your proposal might not have addressed some specific client concerns.This leads me to the next point. Did you evaluate how you did? How was your written proposal? How was your presentation? Were they both well received? Were you able to satisfy client questions about your proposal? How about those "what if?" questions? Were you sufficiently well prepared with alternative courses of action or options if the client wanted to shift direction?As I mentioned at the beginning of this article, many of us are unwilling to look at these situations. They aren't the exciting things we want to focus on and they tend to make us feel very uncomfortable. Except that by focusing on them we have a better handle on what to do next time. Maybe we learn something new, so that books don't get returned and business proposals don't get rejected. And that's a win. [EXTRACT] Just get angry, or you are unwilling or unable to take action? I mad. Today I received a debit memo to a wholesaler important that some books that offer had been returned. The wholesaler in turn had received back from a school that had made a specific request for these books for the school year. So far I do not know why these books were returned, but I'm sure going to find. I'm not saying that these statements were especially out of integrity, but there is a higher probability.The problem that is too easy for organizations and individuals to return products, such as books, as it is often too easy for a customer to reject a business proposal. These are the things most of us do not like dealing with it, myself included. It takes energy and wonder if it's worth. Well worth on two fronts: 1. In fact figure out why something happened. So far it is strictly deal with assumptions. I'm not sure why these books were returned. Once you have an answer, then at least know. I'm not trying in the realm of uncertainty. It takes care of my psyche, which is good because I have to take responsibility for how things are and avoid placing blame.2. The second reason is an opportunist, and it is this. What could be able to do differently next time the situation is not repeated? Do not really know what this school was waiting. Or maybe the situation changed after the order was placed and has created a problem. Again, I do not know, but to discover, may be an opportunity of.So I do not know what you do when your business proposal is rejected in favor of a competitor, or that the customer places the proposal on hold indefinitely? Do you follow? How can you tell why? Customers who would like to tell you. There may have been a better proposition. His proposal could not have addressed some specific customer concerns.This brings me to my next point. Did you evaluate how? How was your proposal in writing? How was your presentation? They were well received so much? Were you able to meet the customer's questions about his proposal? What about the "what if?" questions? Was it well enough prepared with alternative courses of action or options if the customer wanted to change direction? As I mentioned at the beginning of this article, many of us are willing to look at these situations. They are the exciting things we want to focus and tend to make us feel very uncomfortable. Except that by focusing on them we have a better idea of ​​what to do next time. Perhaps we can learn something new, so books are not returned and business proposals not rejected. And that's a victory.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น