Subscribe:

วันพุธที่ 21 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Business Proposal: Your Business Proposal or Project Proposal Is Useless If You Fail to Deliver It on Time

Feather and tar me, call out the army, but get me to the church on time." I guess we don't need to go quite as far as My Fair Lady's Alfred P. Doolittle to get your business proposal or project proposal in on time. I'm sure some poor writer has been tarred and feathered for not doing so. It hasn't yet happened to me, though I have had to pull some all nighters to get a proposal ready and that's no fun.What must you do to get your proposal or project in on time? Two words: Plan it. Now that's easy to say, especially when you get a call that a client needs a proposal by end of day tomorrow. Fortunately, clients usually give bidders enough time to complete the process. When you know your deadline, you have to figure out what has to be done, by when and by whom, to keep the agreement. In effect, the deadline is your starting point as well as your end date. You work back from that starting point to calculate the number of days between that date and today's date. You then look carefully at the proposal and determine how many days, or hours, the proposal will take to complete, allowing additional time for contingencies.The next question is determining how many people will be required to work on the business proposal. If you're a one-person organization, the responsibility rests with you. Some questions to ask yourself include:Am I capable of dealing with all the proposal's issues myself, or do I need to bring someone else in to help who has expertise I don't have?
Can I take time away from my regular schedule in order to do the work?
If I must spend time in my regular work area, who can I hire to help submit the proposal on time? If you have a team of people, the same questions apply. Can your team complete the proposal in the time allotted? Do you need outside expertise to help you? Is there too much pressure from existing work so that your team will need extra help? Here's another question: Are you ready to work extra hours to get the proposal done because all too often, in my experience, proposals require late night and weekend commitments to get completed?Here are some specifics. Meet with your team at the beginning of this process to figure out the best approach to the proposal. Make sure you get input from everyone involved, including sub-contractors, so everyone is clear on what has to be done. You can then allocate timelines for the work, including a start date for the actual writing. Some parts of the proposal can be done right away; i.e., information about your company and its people.When you schedule effectively, you know the number of hours the proposal is expected to take and how that will impact the delivery date. The better the planning, the less stress you place on yourself and your team. Not that there won't be stress with completing a business proposal or project proposal on time, but the more you can minimize it, the better for everyone. [EXTRACT] Tar and feather me, aloud the army, but me to church on time. "I guess you do not need to go as far as Alfred Doolittle in My Fair Lady P. to get your business proposal or project proposal in time. I'm sure some poor writer has been tarred and feathered for not doing so. Yet happened to me, although I had to pull some all nighters to get a draft list and that should not fun.What do to make your proposal or project in time two words: Plan .. now it is easy to say, especially when receiving a call from a customer needs a proposal at the end of tomorrow Fortunately, customers tend to give bidders enough time to complete the process. When you know your deadline, you have to find out what to do, when and by whom, to keep the agreement. Indeed, time is the starting point and the end date. Work back from that starting point to calculate the number of days between that date and today's date. Then carefully examine the proposal and determine how many days or hours, the proposal will be completed, allowing additional time for the next question is how many people contingencies.The be required to work in the business proposal. If you are an organization of one person, the onus is on you. Some questions to ask are: Am I able to address all issues of the proposal myself, or I have to bring someone else to help those who have an experience that I have? ¿I can take time out of my regular schedule to do the job? If I have to spend time in my regular work area, which can be used to help present the proposal on time? If you have a team of people, the same questions apply. Does the whole team of the proposal in the allotted time? Do you need external advice to help you? Is there too much pressure on existing work, so the team will need extra help? Here's another question: Are you willing to work overtime to make the proposal because all too often, in my experience, the proposals require commitments of the night and the weekend to complete, here are some details. Meet with your team at the beginning of this process of figuring out the best way for the proposal. Be sure to get input from all parties, including subcontractors, so everyone is clear on what needs to be done. You can then assign a work schedule, including a start date of writing. Some parts of the proposal can be made immediately, namely, information about your company and your people.When to program effectively, you know the number of hours expected the proposal to take and how this affects the delivery date . The better the planning, the less stress you put on you and your team. Not that there is no stress to complete a business proposal or project proposal in time, but the more you can minimize, the better for everyone.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น